10 TOP REASONS TO VOTE in 2011
- Take advantage of history:
For the first time in human history, the most powerful man on this planet is African American (President Obama). He understands our pains, our weaknesses and strengths. If we fail to take this opportunity to push for development, justice and equity for Africa and accountability in our governments, we are doomed forever. Vote for candidates who understand the urgency and opportunities of the time.
- China and USA vie for Africa:
China and USA are the military and economic giants of the world today. Both countries are vying for footholds in Africa. There is huge opportunity for trade, investments, technology transfers, rapid development, and support in rebuilding shattered infrastructures. Vote for candidates who will not squander this once in a life-time opportunity. Vote in nationalists, visionaries, capable and accomplished candidates and men and women of honour.
You need politicians in office who represent your needs and concerns.
- It's your money: The ministers, commissioners, local authority chairman, governor, state treasurer, legislators, President and members of the Senate and House you vote for will decide how to spend your money. Vote for those that agree with your point of view and not waste and loot your national treasury.
- Your security: Crime prevention, laws and law enforcement, safe and affordable homes, traffic patterns, schools, roads, electricity, water, parks and recreation…is all in your hands. Simply cast your vote wisely.
- It’s All about you and your future: In the past you have voted on tribal, religious, state, wealth, popularity and other basis but they failed you. Instead of prosperity, security and advancement, you have corruption, kidnapping, armed robbery, poverty, militancy, unchecked environmental pollution, destroyed education and health systems, brain drain and tattered international
reputation. It’s time to vote for your future by voting A NIGERIAN nationalist.
- Free Nigeria from slavery:
Nigeria needs your vote to free her from slavery. Her national treasury has been looted by the very people elected or appointed to protect her interest. Her sons and daughters have been driven into voluntary slavery in Europe and America. She weeps and starves due to brain drain. Foreign embassies in Lagos and Abuja are taxing and humiliating her citizens at home for visa sake. Yet there is no elected or appointed official to speak out on her behalf. Your vote will usher in change and strengthen Nigeria’s ability to defend her interest.
- Virtuous leaders wanted for 2011: Vote rigging, zoning, federal character, the highest bidder, tribal alliance, god father, bribery, loyalty of the security forces, etc., have all formed basis for selecting our national leaders in the past. In each of those unfortunate times, you and your family were left worse off. Come 2011, Nigeria needs persons of vision, honesty, integrity, trust and a track record of accomplishments. Join the search and selection of our virtuous leaders. You will be glad you did.
- American Youths chose hope and change – it’s your turn:
In 2008 American youths saw beyond race, colour, wealth, prior experience and party loyalty. They chose a symbol of hope, change and a great future by electing the first African American President – Obama. It’s your turn. See beyond tribal, religious, popularity, wealth, vote buying considerations and empty promises. Vote for Nigerian nationalists, change, prosperity for all, a united states of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, accountability, competence and vision. You are a vote away from making history just like the America youths.
- Genetic inferiority challenge:
The image of Africans and Nigerians in particular has been battered and bruised into submission by the actions of past and present politicians. That a leader could subject his own kind and people into poverty by stealing and exporting their wealth to prop up the economies of other nations, has made us vulnerable to theories of Black inferiority. Your vote can restore our credibility by electing a leadership that can formulate and implement sound economic, agricultural, infrastructural, education, health, environmental and security policies. Yes you can and now is the time.