Perhaps you are beginning to think through, evaluate and appreciate the quality of leadership that has led to years of endless poverty, humiliation and slavery of generations of Africans. The truth is that most of our leaders lack credibility and integrity. The basis for judging the credibility of African leaders should include: reconstruction of the state, rebuilt citizenship, renewed social contract, reconstructed society and reclaimed and rebuilt integrated and inclusive economy (Tade Aina). There is the need for a “new leadership in the continent capable of delivering the people out of poverty, diseases, wars, famine, economic meltdown, political paralysis and insecurity” – the Obamas.
“The years of leadership incompetence, weak, ineffective, totalitarian and corrupt government as seen in DRC, Uganda, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Congo, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Somalia, Sudan, Ivory Coast, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania and Zimbabwe must give way to strong, effective, corruption free and solution driven government as seen in Botswana”(Editor Business, Education & Opinion).
This is where Openmind Foundation comes in. Our mission is to assist the Nigerian Nation to enjoy the products of democracy: free and vibrant press, free and fair election, transparent governance, respect for human rights, accountability, economic prosperity, an enterprising civil society, rule of law, and freedom of religion, thought and speech democracy through the following strategies:
- Preparing grounds for the election of responsible, patriotic, competent and agenda driven politicians into power by educating at least 50% of the eligible Nigerian electorates within the next two years on:
- The workings and limitations of a presidential system of government
- The power of a citizen through a single vote
- The dangers and limitations of voting on tribal, religious, and corrupt basis
- The art of effective selection and ejection of political leaders
- The endless possibilities for Nigeria and the role of effective leadership
- Massive nationwide campaign aimed at facilitating hope, reconciliation and unity particularly among the three main Nigerian tribes Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba. The campaign is to drive home to the Nigerian people and tribes that “what unites the people and tribes of Nigeria is greater than what divides them”.
- A massive educational and behaviour modification campaign aimed at drawing attention to the ills of the Nigerian society and geared toward a mass rejection of those vices. This will operate under the “SAYNO AND SEE” campaign slogan and through School Clubs, Soap-Opera, etc.
Do something amazing and surprise yourself – join Openmind Foundation and make a difference in the quality of governance and standards of living of our people.