Education is a human right with immense power to transform.
On its foundation rest the cornerstones of freedom,
democracy and sustainable human development”
UN Secretary General
Education, Empowerment & Change
Openmind Foundation is a voluntary and non-governmental organisation, set up and registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to assist the Nigerian nation to enjoy the products of democracy: free and vibrant press, free and fair election, transparent governance, respect for human rights, accountability, economic prosperity, an enterprising civil society, rule of law, and freedom of religion, thought and speech. The organisation plans to employ a three prone strategy in pursuit of its goals and objectives:
- Massive nationwide campaign aimed at facilitating hope, reconciliation and unity particularly among the three main Nigerian tribes – Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba. The campaign is to drive home to the Nigerian people and tribes that “what unites the people and tribes of Nigeria is greater than what divides them”.
- A massive educational and behaviour modification campaign aimed at drawing attention to the ills of the Nigerian society and geared toward a mass rejection of those vices. This will operate under the “SAYNO AND SEE” campaign slogan and through Families, School Clubs, Soap-Opera, etc.
- Programs to develop patriotism in our nation and a belief in our peoples that with God on our side, unity and determination, all things are possible. “That we the people can change the world view of Nigeria, the world view of Nigerians and Nigeria’s view of itself” (Dr. Israel Nonyerem Davidson). “It’s possible. Just believe!”
The Aims And Objectives Of The Organization
- To promote activities that enhance peace and human development.
- To promote activities that will bring about corrupt free society, social justice, high level of patriotism and efficiency in Nigeria.
- To promote activities that will enhance unity, accountability, eradication of poverty, quality health care, education and full employment in Nigeria.
- To educate Nigerians on the need for effective and efficient society and promote activities that foster effectiveness and efficiency in society.
- To provide a forum through which Nigerians, particularly professionals in diaspora, can contribute to debates on national issues.
- To provide African youths a facility through which they can freely express their views on national issues and organise for freedom (with responsibility), social justice, equity, and prosperity for all.
Our long-term goal is getting a better society and governance for our generation. Posterity will blame us if we fail to get involved at the precarious stage of nation building and effective leadership. Openmind Foundation as the name implies is open to all like minds from all works of life in the Nigerian society and beyond. From the different tiers of government, to the soldiers in the barracks to even our children at the schools; we will all agree that BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION, TRIBALISM, NEPOTISM, SECTARIANISM, ETC., have eaten much into the fabric of our society. The consequences are before us today.
Do something amazing today and surprise yourself – join Openmind Foundation and make a difference in the quality of governance and standards of living of our people.